Following a recent reorganization, the Authority now has a Corporate Services Division, Policy Coordination and Evaluation Wing, and Two Technical Wings, which are Sustainable Environment Programs and Environment Protection respectively.
- Office of Managing Director
- Corporate Services
- Policy Coordination & Evaluation
- Environment Protection
- Sustainable Environment Programmes
The Office of the Managing Director (OoMD) is responsible for providing effective support to the Minister in delivering on the Government’s policy priorities, coordinating administration of the Authority and ensuring compliance with relevant laws. The OoMD is also responsible for implementing Corporate Objective 1, which aims to establish a transitional structure to manage environment regulatory functions.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure timely preparation of policy advice and responses to Minister.
- Ensure all relevant policies, legislations and regulations administered by CEPA are implemented effectively and in accordance with relevant laws.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other Agencies in support of whole-of-Government policy initiatives.
- Ensure effective coordination of internal CEPA processes.
- Establish the CEPA transitional structure to improve administration, environment regulation and biodiversity protection in PNG.
- Establish a cost recovery mechanism and integrated information management system for delivery of environment regulation services.
- Manage the Authority’s external communications process.
- Ensure effective implementation of the three (3) impact priority projects.
Key Deliverables 2016
- Undertake organization and functional review to progress the second phase of the CEPA transition process.
- Strengthen partnerships with key central and economic sector agencies to develop well-coordinated strategies for delivering on the Government’s responsible sustainable development policy initiative.
- Implement Staff Performance Based Agreement and Remuneration policy commitment.
- Provide timely policy and technical advice to the Minister and NEC.
Three impact priority projects identified, implemented and monitored.