The formulation of corporate governance framework and policy is vested in the Board of Directors in accordance with Government directives.
The membership and appointment of Board of Directors is specified in the Act. The Board members are appointed by the Head of State on advice from the National Executive Council for a three-year term.
The Minister appoints the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman. The Minister facilitates the appointment process but does not appoint a Director. The Board meets six times a year and as the business of Water PNG requires. Four members present constitute a quorum.
The membership of the Board as specified in the Act is as follows:
- Head of Department of Finance or his nominee
- Head of Department of Health or his nominee,
- Head of Department of Works or his nominee,
- A member and an alternate member nominated by PNG Chamber of Commerce,
- A member and a alternate member nominated by Certified Practising Accountants, PNG
- A member and an alternate member nominated by Institution of Engineers, PNG,
- A member and an alternate member nominated by PNG Institute of Management,
- The Managing Director.
Board Director Profiles
Pending decision to appoint board.