CEPA NEWS Get latest news updates from PNG CEPA right here
The event will showcase over 30 different stalls and displays from various conservation organisations, government agencies, utility companies and business houses all keen to promote ways in which each of us can make a positive difference in conserving the natural environment whilst saving money on household bills.
This section provides a brief summary of the legislation administered by DEC.
CONVENTIONS, TREATIES & PROTOCOLS
- Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD, 1993)
- Convention to Combat Desertification (CCD, 2000)
- Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES, 1973)
- Convention on Wetlands of International Importance, especially as Waterfowl Habitats (RAMSAR,1971)
- Convention for the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage, (1972)